A healthy mind resides in a healthy body but a healthy body can be achieved only with good immunity. Let’s see how yoga and immunity are correlated:
• Yoga helps lower the stress hormones which compromises the immune system.
• Regular practice of yoga postures reduce chronic inflammation and strengthens the immune system.
• Yoga improves immune cells, antibodies, and gene expression in immune cells.
Some yoga postures leading to a better immune system are as follows:
• TRIKONASANA: Stand straight with legs 3/4 of your height width apart, extend your arms, bend right and touch the floor, keep your eyes up the skies, hold on for 5-10 breathes and get back to the initial position, repeat from the alternate side.
• VRIKSHASANA: Stand straight with your feet 2 inches apart, exhale, bend the right leg and place the foot on the inside of the left thigh, inhale and extend the arms up and join the palms, stick to this posture taking deep breaths and pulling in the tummy muscles, continue for a minute and release, repeat with the other side.
• SETU BANDHASANA: Lie on the floor, bend your knees and place the feet on the floor hip-width apart, inhale, lift the hips up, roll the spine off the floor, lift the chest up pressing down with arms and shoulders, hold for 8-10 breathes and release.
Practicing these postures on a regular basis can help you boost your immunity. You can gift yourself immunity booster from Endura, the prevailing health supplement brand which has earned trust over a period of time.