Cancer is one of the most painful diseases out there. It breaks apart the bodies and minds of those suffering from it piece by piece and wreaks havoc on them. Today, On 4th February, World Cancer Day let’s learn a bit more about different kinds of cancers and how they can be prevented.
Cancer is basically the result of uncontrolled growth of abnormal, sick, mutated cells anywhere in the body. These cells can also harm other healthy cells by attacking them. Furthermore, cancer cells can also spread from the place where they originated and spread throughout/other parts of the body. Now let’s see what are the different kinds of cancer.
1. CNS Cancer- CNS or Central Nervous System cancer starts from the brain tissue and spinal cord; brain and spinal cord cancer are common examples.
2. Lymphoma and Myeloma- These cancers start in the cells of our immune system; non-Hodgkin lymphoma and lymphoproliferative lymphomas are common examples.
3. Leukemia: These cancers are formed in the blood-forming tissue like the bone-marrow, this results in a large number of abnormal blood cells being produced and entering the blood.
4. Sarcoma: This cancer is formed in the bone, cartilage, connecting & supporting tissues, cartilage, fat, blood, muscles, etc; angiosarcoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, and fibrosarcoma are some examples.
5. Carcinoma: This type of cancer is formed in the skin or tissue that covers or lines our internal organs; skin cancer is an example of this type of cancer.
Prevention: According to a lot of experts, cancer can be avoided most of the times by taking the proper precautions, some of them are; avoiding smoking, avoiding too much direct/harsh sunlight, not consuming excess alcohol, and avoiding direct/overexposure to certain toxins, chemicals, and radioactive substances can help prevent cancer.
Other than that a good diet consisting of all the essential nutrients can also be helpful in preventing cancer.