“An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away”, is one line we all have heard right from our childhood days. This crunchy red fruit available throughout the year and globe is not just full of antioxidants but is also enriched with Fiber, Minerals, and Vitamin C. You can eat this nutrient-dense food as a snack, or make pies, salads, desserts, smoothies, or even juice out of it! And other than there are a lot more reasons why apples should be a part of your daily life, read on to know more:
1. As eating an apple increases the amount of saliva production in the mouth, it helps lowering the chance of tooth decay and bad bacteria production.
2. Apples are rich in soluble fiber which according to research are linked with slower deposits of cholesterol-filled plaque in the arteries, thus making apples great for your heart.
3. Due to the soluble fiber present in them, apples are also helpful for stabilizing blood sugar levels and can also be helpful in preventing type two diabetes.
4. The high-fiber levels in apples are also helpful in preventing gallstone formation which is caused by excess cholesterol levels.
5. Due to its high fiber content, apples can be helpful in cases of both constipation and diarrhea. Pectin fibers in this fruit either take water out from the colon to keep the flow going or absorb the excess water to regulate the flow in your bowels.
6. Due to pectin soluble fiber and malic acid, apples are great for your liver too as it helps prevent bad cholesterol buildup and helps remove harmful toxins from your body and bloodstream.
7. Also full of quercetin, an antioxidant, which according to recent studies can be helpful in strengthening and improving the body’s immune system, especially in situations of stress. This fact also adds to the many amazing benefits of eating this tasty fruit.