Hormones play a very important role in the overall well-being of our body. Hormonal imbalances affect not just our physical health but also our mental well-being. If hormonal imbalances are left unchecked for a long time, it can also cause serious health issues. But luckily, hormonal imbalances can be easily cured by foods that are easily available/can be made at home. Today we will look at a list of such foods that can help in balancing hormones.
1. Broccoli: Broccoli can be very helpful in balancing estrogen in the body. Its high calcium content also helps women from symptoms of PMS such as irritability, depression, mood swings, fatigue, etc.
2. Fish: Mackerel, Salmon, and other fatty fishes are not just good for our body and heart, but also help in maintaining a good hormonal balance in the body. Being rich in omega-3 nutrients, fish can be an elixir for regulating the menstrual cycle and fighting PCOS or
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome causes severe hormonal imbalances.
3. Avocado: If you’re someone who has to deal with stress or a stressful mind regularly, avocados are the perfect fruit for you.Other than that avocados are also helpful in reducing the risk of strokes and high cholesterol.
4. Pomegranates: This sweet juicy red fruit helps in curbing excess estrogen production in the body and prevents the development of breast cancer caused due to high levels of estrogen in the body.
5. Quinoa: Rich in fiber, protein, and vitamins, quinoa helps in controlling blood sugar levels and this further helps the body to keep insulin and androgen production at the right levels. Quinoa also has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which lower the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
These food items are not just easily available and affordable, but also easy to make and consume which adds one more reason why you should add these food items to your diet for a healthy hormonal balance in your body.